This event has passed
Today, many states allow for medical marijuana use and, in some states, even recreational marijuana use. However, OSHA has not revised its requirements to employers to provide a safe workplace for its employees.
Presenters Nelva Smith and Vanessa Towarnicky, Septoe & Johnson PLLC, will tackle questions and provide guidance related to this challenge facing employers, including:
- How does an employer tackle OSHA's standard under the Gentle Duty Clause?
- How do employers navigate state laws that legally allow medical and recreational marijuana use?
- How can employers reduce their risk?
- What does the Americans with Disabilities Act say about medical marijuana use in the workplace and an employer's obligation to accommodate use by its employees?
- What should employers consider when developing their policies and procedures around employee marijuana use in and outside of the workplace?
Online registration is now closed.