Today, many states allow for medical marijuana use and, in some states, even recreational marijuana use. However, OSHA has not revised its requirements to employers to provide a safe workplace for its employees.
Presenters Nelva Smith and Vanessa Towarnicky, Septoe & Johnson PLLC, will tackle questions and provide guidance related to this challenge facing employers, including:
- How does an employer tackle OSHA's standard under the Gentle Duty Clause?
- How do employers navigate state laws that legally allow medical and recreational marijuana use?
- How can employers reduce their risk?
- What does the Americans with Disabilities Act say about medical marijuana use in the workplace and an employer's obligation to accommodate use by its employees?
- What should employers consider when developing their policies and procedures around employee marijuana use in and outside of the workplace?
Registration will close April 17, 2019 10:00am