The AMBA National Scholarship Program is designed to help facilitate education in mold building in the USA. This scholarship's priority is to assist students who desire to pursue a career in:
- Mold design, CAD/CAM programming for machine tools, machine tool skills or mold building
- Plastics industry manufacturing (including plastics engineering, plastic part design or plastics processing technician)
- Other related areas of continued training/education
- Employee or dependent of an employee of AMBA member companies (Owners and/or major stockholders and/or their spouses/dependents are not eligible to receive the scholarship.)
- High school senior or high school graduate
- Plans to attend an accredited trade school, technical college or educational facility in the fall of 2019
- 2.5 GPA (Official transcripts required)
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or employer
There will be up to 10 (ten) - $1,000 scholarships awarded depending on the number of qualified applicants. Scholarships are paid directly to the educational facility. The employee has to be working full-time for the AMBA member company for at least one year in order to participate in the program.
The selection process will be conducted by the AMBA Education Committee, consisting of members from the AMBA National Board and the mold building community.
Deadline to submit applications is April 19, 2019.
To promote this program to your employees:
- Download, print and post this scholarship poster on your employee bulletin board to make sure your employees are aware of this AMBA member benefit. download poster >
- Download and print these payroll stuffer announcements about the Scholarship program to include with your employee payroll. download payroll stuffers >
2018 AMBA Scholarship Recipients